Monday, July 20, 2009

Welcome!

Having recently gained a bit of experience and acquired a small portfolio, I thought it would be nice to have a place to post some of my favorite photographs. I have loved photography for as long as I can remember, but never really considered pursuing it until the end of last year. Since taking that step, I've discovered in me a true passion. I have found fulfillment and joy. And I've finally discovered what I want to be when I grow up!

I take hundreds of photos a week, sometimes a day, and am constantly experimenting with different angles, lighting situations and camera settings. I'm taking photography classes to better my technical knowledge of the art, reading as much as I can and picking the brains of fellow-photographers (you know who you are). I am so hungry for knowledge and growth and hope to continue to obtain both in the coming months.

Welcome to my photography blog, and please visit often! I will update it as I gain more opportunities to photograph the people and things I love.

5 comments:

Mama Jill and Papa Roy said...

That was beautifully said. Add to your talents creative writing - I love to read your posts.

Congratulations! Best of everything with this!

Love love love,
Mama Jill and Papa Roy

The Andersens said...

YAY!!!! We are so happy for you!!! I can't wait to see more!! Valeri, seriously, you are SO talented! I'm so glad you're pursuing your passion!

Nells-Bells said...

awesome!! i love these photos and your new blog. how fun. what a fun job!!! i'm really excited for you. :)

dayna said...

just beautiful! although i do feel a bit left in the dark as i am discovering this through another blog! love you!

Pat said...

Your photos are absolutely incredible, Valeri!! I especially love the ones of the twins! Keep up the good work!

Love,
Pat